Addinol a successful company history
On 26th October the Mineralölwerk Lützkendorf is founded near the large German
Chemical Site Leuna in Saxony-Anhalt. A factory for fuel and lubricants develops.
The raw materials required for production are mainly gained out of coal with the
synthesis method (coal hydrogenation Fischer-Tropsch-Synthesis).
A company-owned laboratory for operative research is installed.
All plant components of synthesis are in operation. Planned production
capacities amount to 75,000 t fuel and 50,000 t lubricants per year.
Manufacturing of lubricants makes a record profit of 6 million RM.
80 % of the Mineralölwerk are destroyed after bomb raids. However, already in
July work is resumed. Shortly afterwards delivery of the first lubricants is
effected. Plants for synthesis are disassembled and transported to the east. On
the 21st July the industrial production is resumed on the order of the Soviet
Military Administration in Germany (SMAD).
The Mineralölwerk Lützkendorf becomes a nationally-owned company of the GDR.
Plants for synthesis are relocated to the factory Schwarzheide. The
Mineralölwerk solely focusses on the development and manufacture of lubricants.
In this year the processing of crude oil of Matzen in Austria starts.
With 65,600 t the Mineralölwerk Lützkendorf meets a main part of the yearly
demand for lubricants in the GDR of 150,000 t.
Between 1956 and 1964 a new factory for lubricating oils including an industrial
plant is built. The number of employees reaches 3,600, capacity of the new
factory for lubricating oils amounts to about 250,000 t/year.
Establishment of a Scientific Technical Centre for research, development and
application. The development of national and international methods for the
practical testing of lubricants as well as a comprehensive instrumental analysis
for quality assurance are important parts of this central research
A new building for research is opened with about 350 employees.
Further technical test facilities (half-technical plants) and a modern engine
test stand are put into operation.
A new Inline-Blending-Plant facilitates the blending of products according to
the wishes of the customers. The year capacity of this plant amounts to 200,000
The establishment of an own additive-production begins. Packaging of the
finished products is extended. Now up to 1200 1-litre-packing can be filled per
With the development and manufacturing of hydro crack base oils a further core
competence for the future develops.
In the year of the German Reunification the total production of the
Mineralölwerk amounts to 800,000 t of mineral oil products. 304,000 t of these
belong to the field of lubricants.
ADDINOL Mineralöl GmbH Lützkendorf is founded. Thus the name of one of the most
successful engine oils of the former Mineralölwerk becomes the name of the
company. ADDINOL Additive in Oil was one of the most renowned brands in the
The ADDINOL LUBE OIL GmbH is registered in the commercial register.
In Leuna, only some kilometres away from the previous location in Krumpa, ground-breaking
ceremony for the new headquarters takes place.
Moving into the new office in Leuna.
ADDINOL operates on all continents.
Starting of the building of a new and expanded logistics centre in Leuna.
Official opening of the production plants and the new logistics centre.